Monday, May 29, 2006

A Letter

Dear Sir,

I never meant to hurt you, and it is difficult for us to go on.
We want to be together, but I cannot.
How do you ignore your heart to follow your mind?
Society romances the power of love and the heart.

Yet, love is not enough.
If it was, your life would be different,
And my life would be different.
And we would be happy, together.

Soon your heart will heal,
And hopefully mine will too.
We never cheated, never lied to each other, did not end in anger.
Still, we burn and chafe in our situation.

I cannot blame you.
Never will I be able to look back and regret you.
Not like before.
You were not mistake; we were not a mistake.

So, Sir, I know you did not want to hear this.
You are stronger than I because you do not speak them.
These words will not stay within me,
And I wish I could hold them back.

Love,
Madame

No comments: